Privacy, RGPD, you and HigherEdMe
HigherEdMe is managing data of students and of universities to facilitate the matchmaking process making study abroad projects come true. To be RGPD compliant, HigherEdMe follows the recommendation of the CNIL, the official national data guard.
- We contact students by means of campaigns on social networks.
- 100% of students have opted-in
- We have made clear that all declared data will be visible to recruiters
- Every student can opt-out and cancel their account.
- We anonymize cancelled accounts.
- After 3 years, all expired accounts are anonymized.
- We contact recruiters by means of campaigns on social networks, direct contact on app fairs where they opt-in and meetings.
- Contact details of the recruiter are sent to a student when this student accepts a contact request from that recruiter.
- All recruiters can opt-out and cancel their account, which deletes all university references on HigherEdMe websites.
- We do not keep university platform data when an account is cancelled, and transfer all activity to the recruiter.
- We send one monthly newsletter to our university users and prospects.
- We use mailjet, which is RGPD compliant.
- We embed an unsubscribe link systematically.
- We send 3 times to non-opened status max.
- We never transfer university details to partners in case of advertising.
More details on our RGPD compliance project
Below you will find more details on how we have implemented our RGPD compliance.
Our private datasets are stored in Europe, in Ireland, under European laws and regulation. We don’t keep critical data inside our office.